Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit!"

[Song. Don't Stop Believin'. Journey]

Well guys, today marked the end of the 2010 Olympics. The last event? USA/Canada Men's Hockey finals [Gold]. It was the first hockey game I've watched since playoffs last season. It was a great game. A really great game. We tied it up with 24 seconds left in regulation time. BRILLIANT goal, thank you Zach Parise.

So, we went into OT. It was there that Sidney Crosby [Canada] scored and won the game. Fuckin Crosby.. have fun going back to pittsburgh, traitor... I kid, really. He's canadian. He couldnt very well play for us. I'm still not happy about it though. Congrats to Canada for their win. Despite our loss, MVP for the tournament went to USA goalie, Ryan Miller. The guy played an awesome game today.

This being said, I would like to strongly suggest to the state of Indiana that we acquire a hockey team. Almost everyone I know here at IU was watching this game, and have watched others in the tournament. Hockey is more popular that you think, Indiana. Give me a hockey team. [Granted, even with an Indiana team, I will always remain faithful to my Wings, no matter how poorly they do. But with a team here, more Wings games will be televised.]

NBC is airing the Wings/Blackhawks game on March 7th. I will be watching this. I am quite excited.

Thats all for now, kids. :]


No comments: