Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 10--Songs you Listen to When...

You're happy: The go to song when I'm happy at the moment is "Give a Little"--Hanson. This song is one of those songs that just makes me want to dance. I love listening to it when I'm in a good mood. :)

You're sad: "Dreamed I Could Fly (Dreamin' About You)"--Gary Joe Foster w/ 2XL. For those of you who don't know, that would be my father. If I'm ever sad or unhappy about anything, chances are you will hear this song blaring from my computer or my earbuds. It just makes me feel better to hear a song I love. My dad wrote it when I was little. There's debate as to what the meaning behind it is, but I have a general idea. It's a sweet song, and it just makes me happier.

You're bored: Does putting my itunes on shuffle count? If I'm bored, that's what I do. The song it just started playing was "Who I Am"--Jessica Andrews. Because this was probably cheating, I'll give you a great story attached to this song. When I was little, my two best friends and I would play this song as loud as our parents would let us and sing to it. Sometimes for hours. To Samantha and Jessie, I miss you both. :)

You're mad: This is one of my new favorite songs, "Revolution"--Flogging Molly. It's a song about Detroit and its current economic situation. [It's awful, by the way. In case you hadn't noticed] The band actually named themselves a "Detroit" band after Dave King and his wife Bridget Regan [both members of the band] moved to Detroit, Bridget's hometown. Their newest album [Speed of Darkness, highly recommended.] has a lot of songs about the turmoil that Detroit is facing. This song in particular talks about how the city is losing jobs, and members of the community as a consequence. The song talks about the struggle that the working class of Detroit is currently dealing with. The song is the anthem of the city, in my opinion. I love it.

You're hyped: This one is really hard. If I chose based on my play count in itunes though, it'd be "Tonight, Tonight"--Hot Chelle Rae. This is another one of those songs that I turn up and dance around to, usually when I'm getting ready for the day. It's a great song.

No comments: