Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"She's a stupid bitch!"

[Sassy Gay Friend Web Series.]

I am so frustrated with myself at the present time. Here I am, sitting in the coffee shop at Borders, sippin' on my vanilla latte having a grand ole time. I get a call. It is a call from work. Work needs me to cover someone's shift. Now, this person called me on Friday asking me to cover part of her shift, and I agreed. But! I had one condition. She needed to let me know by Monday if I was working. I had plans I was trying to accommodate, and I needed to know. Today is Tuesday, just in case any of you were curious. Today is most certainly NOT Monday. And yet, Assistant Manager man calls me in. Now, why didn't I just decline? Well, I'm already on this man's shit list. I could use the hours. And I really don't want the person I'm covering for to get in trouble. She is presently at a funeral for a family member, and A.M Man made her make sure her shift was covered before he gave her the O.K to go. [Why this man thinks he has the power to give permission for such things is beyond me.. but whatever.] So. I am forced to break plans [my NUMBER ONE pet peeve in life] with a good friend of mine. I feel bad. Really bad. It's my own fault, entirely. Which just adds to this whole "self-hatred" thing I have goin' for myself. But that is neither here nor there.

C: I'm sorry I broke plans with you, darlin'. It will never happen again. I love you!
A: While I think the likelyhood of you actually seeing this post and reading it is EXTREMELY low, know that I am perfectly okay with covering for you. It is not a problem at all, I just wish I wouldn't have "double-booked" my time. That's all. :]
S: You are not my favorite. I want Melissa back.

No comments: